Called as ‘Saharasri’ by his employees and millions of investors, Subrata Roy turns 73 on June 10 this year. His journey from selling snacks on scooter and operating a small office to owning a luxurious city and setting a milestone across industries is no less than a thriller. Today, let’s have a look at the journey of Chairman of Sahara Group along with the recent incidences in his life.
– Subrata Roy is a renowned personality in the world of Glitz, Glamor and Philanthropy. His biopic is all set to be officially announced on his birthday.
– In January this year, Delhi high court noted that the company has already deposited over 17,000 crores in recent times. Granting relief to Sahara Group, the court stayed the orders of various authorities against the company and allowed it to continue the business.
– On one side, when people have been flying abroad after being caught in controversies, Subrata Roy Sahara is still in the country and returning money to investors. Recently, boosting the trust of the millions of investors in the company, he addressed them, alonghis employees and stated that the pending amount is safe and will be returned to each and everyone within a few months. After his address, Twitter was flooded with positive sentiments and blessings for him.
– Understanding the challenges faced by the masses amid the pandemic, the company made payments of around 3,226 crores to its investors. People got overwhelmed and they highly appreciated the company’s efforts of supporting them during such trying times.
– Over the decades, Saharashri has been an avid humanitarian. There’s more to his personality than what meets the eye. He has actively supported humanitarian causes foryears. He provided financial aid to the 127 families of kargil martyrs and his deed was even praised by the then-Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Roy also contributed to the relief efforts in flood-hit Uttarakhand in 2013. His philanthropic efforts indicate that Roy’s true wealth lies in the love that he receives from people.
As Subrata Roy turns 73, we wish him good health and a very happy birthday!